- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Arqiva operates more than 1,450 transmission sites for radio, providing coverage to 90% of the population for terrestrial broadcasting in the UK.
Digital Radio multiplexes and services provider
We are a shareholder and operator for both commercial national DAB radio multiplexes and service provider for the BBC national DAB radio multiplex. We also work with independent radio groups, such as Bauer Media and Global Radio.
The BBC and Arqiva recently undertook a two-year project aimed at reducing power consumption for some AM transmitters in the UK radio network. Please read below more details on the outcomes and a link to the whitepaper produced following the research.
Podcasters, local radio and the independent sector challenged the big networked radio groups at this year’s Audio & Radio Industry Awards (ARIAS), picking up some of the evening’s biggest awards.
Launching pioneering Apprenticeship partnership to improve skills in the wider community
Project to add 19 transmitters to the Sound Digital network running ahead of schedule
As the broadcast industry and others close to it evolve, so too must Arqiva’s supporting infrastructure. Our vast and complex network of TV and radio masts and multiplexes is carefully configured to meet the needs of the masses, but we must be ready for change when necessary.
Behind Arqiva’s crucial infrastructure, there are hundreds of skilled engineers, each doing their daily bit to keep the UK’s TV, radio, telecoms and smart technology services up and running. In this article we take a look at the role of our apprenticeship scheme in developing our future talent.