- TVFind out more about...
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- The D3&4 Multiplex (COPY)
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators (COPY)
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content (COPY)
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study
- The D3&4 Multiplex
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity (COPY)
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart Metering
DAB Radio and multiplexing services in Sussex
The Sussex multiplex covers the areas of East and West Sussex including the city of Brighton and Hove, and towns of Chichester and Eastbourne, a population coverage of over 1.6m...
- Now Digital
Digital Multiplex details
|Multiplex licence name:||Sussex|
1 February 2004
|Multiplex licensed until:||29 January 2024|
|Estimate population covered1:||1,600,606|
|Transmitter sites:||Burton Down, Eastbourne, Hastings, Heathfield, Findon, Horsham, Little Prestwood Farm, Midhurst, Newhaven, Rye, Truleigh Hill, Whitehawk|
|Digital share of listening2:||53.4%|
|DAB digital radio in home2:||67.0%|
1 Figure derived from: Ofcom indoor coverage 80% locations normal propagation, estimated households covered multiplied by 2.3 people per average UK household to derive a population figure
2 Source: Ofcom - The Communications Market: Digital Radio Report, November 2016, Annex 1
DAB radio transmitter coverage
Sussex multiplex coverage map - this map shows our prediction of coverage on an indoor portable DAB receiver for the Sussex multiplex.
Coverage is measured by spectrum planners in several different ways. A range of factors will affect reception including the transmitter power & antenna, local geography, the sensitivity of the listener’s radio, the type of home (bungalow, basement flat, steel framed building) and even weather conditions. This complexity is reflected in coverage models and maps. One map doesn’t tell the whole story. This Ofcom document includes several maps for this multiplex and explains why different parameters have been used.
These transmitters form a network, with all services on the multiplex broadcast to the entire coverage area; for technical reasons it is not possible to broadcast to just one part of the area or from one specific transmitter.
Now Digital currently broadcasts the following audio services:
|Heart Sussex||Contemporary||Existing local station|
|Smooth||Easy listening||Digital only|
|Gold||Classic hits||Digital only|
|Capital Brighton||Contemporary||Digital only|
|BBC Sussex||Local interest||Existing local station|
|More Radio||Contemporary||Existing local station|
|Hits Radio||Contemporary||Digital only|
|Greatest Hits Radio||Contemporary||Digital only|
There is currently capacity available on this multiplex for at least one further mono or stereo audio service.
National BBC and commercial DAB digital radio services may also be received in the area. For further details, see more information page. Or use the Postcode Checker to see which stations should be available.
There is also an Electronic Programme Guide broadcast on this multiplex.
For further details, see more information page.