- TVFind out more about...
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- The D3&4 Multiplex (COPY)
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators (COPY)
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content (COPY)
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study
- The D3&4 Multiplex
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity (COPY)
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart Metering
Arqiva delivers dedicated La Liga coverage for Premier Sports
Arqiva’s new service brings 24/7 LaLigaTV HD channel to the UK for the first time
15 January 2020, UK, London: Arqiva, the leading UK communications infrastructure and media services company, has today announced an extension of its partnership with Premier Sports to launch LaLigaTV HD on the Sky platform.
The launch brings 24/7 coverage of Spain’s top football league to a dedicated channel in the UK for the first time, ensuring its exclusive matches and programmes will be enjoyed by Sky UK viewers until at least the end of La Liga’s 2021/2022 season. Available as part of a subscription service on the Sky platform, or as a standalone subscription, LaLiga TV will also show selected match content and a weekly La Liga Highlights programme free-to-air on the FreeSports channel. The launch also makes La Liga the first football league in the world to have all its matches shown live on a 24/7 dedicated channel in the UK - subject to UK blackout restrictions at 3pm on Saturdays.
Arqiva will provide uplinking and satellite capacity to deliver the LaLigaTV HD channel. Content will be received at Arqiva’s award-winning teleport at Chalfont before being delivered to another teleport at Crawley for uplink to the Sky platform.
The deal marks the latest milestone in a long-standing relationship between the two companies, which began with the launch of the FreeSports channel in 2017. With proven expertise in delivering high quality broadcast solutions, Arqiva was selected by Premier Sports as part of a broader drive to increase its portfolio of sports brands, reach new audiences across multiple platforms and capitalise on the demand for frictionless live sports coverage.
“The launch of the new LaLigaTV HD channel represents an important step in our journey to bring seamless live sports coverage to UK viewers, and it is therefore crucial that we have a trusted partner like Arqiva working alongside us on the project. We’re dedicated to improving and diversifying our HD channel offering, and we’re pleased to be able to bring top-flight Spanish football to a huge audience."
“Delivering HD channels to the Sky platform is a particular expertise of ours so we’re delighted that we can support Premier Sports with its next phase of growth. Having supported Premier Sports’ high value channels for a number of years we are excited to see where the launch of LaLiga TV HD can take the brand.
“Enhancing the viewing experience and expanding channel coverage is always front of mind for our customers, and we pride ourselves on helping them achieve this by ensuring service excellence and extensive client support.”
- ENDS -
About Premier Sports
Premier Sports was founded in 2009 and three sports TV channels in the UK. Premier Sports 1 is on Sky channel 412 and Virgin channel 551. Premier Sports 2 is on Sky channel 435 and Virgin Channel 552. FreeSports is available free on Sky Channel 422, Virgin Media Channel 553, on Channel 64 on Freeview and BT and on Freesat Channel 252. LaLigaTV is also available to Premier Sports customers via the Premier Player and on Sky from January.
Both Premier Sports channels are available on a subscription basis for just £11.99 per month on Sky and on the Premier Sports player. The channels are also available to pubs, clubs and other commercial premises throughout the UK.
Premier Sports also broadcast LaLiga, Serie A, Scottish Cup football, 152 games from the Guinness PRO14, 15 games a week from the NHL, GAA and the home of NASCAR in the UK.