- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Virtualisation in the broadcast industry
An Arqiva Satellite & Media whitepaper exploring the benefits of virtualisation in the delivery of common media services.
Finance, engineering and retail industries have all made significant moves to adopt cloud-based delivery of development and production environments. Media and broadcast businesses are now seeking the anticipated benefits of virtualisation that have driven other markets to adopt the transformation.
In January of 2016 Arqiva Satellite & Media conducted market research on virtualisation in the broadcast industry. It sought to understand what broadcasters plans for adoption were and the perceived benefits and barriers.
This paper begins with an introduction to virtualisation and orchestration. Following that, we explore the benefits of orchestration in the delivery of common media services. We then examine the relative merits of public versus private cloud environments, and their suitability in delivering the commercial flexibility and cost reduction drivers noted in the market research. Finally, we review the maturity of the vendors approach to application development and accompanying commercial models.
Find out how we’re setting the standards that others follow
Introduction, Wave One, Two and Three now available to download
Find out all you need to know about developing a D2C marketing strategy that will drive viewers to your content