- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart Metering
DAB Flightcase – Fast track DAB encoding and contribution
We’ve designed an innovative, low cost and simple to use broadcast solution to get your DAB station to air fast.
Plug and play simplicity
The DAB Flightcase is an innovative encoding and contribution solution. It provides a plug and play option enabling you to connect to our DAB platform. The product can handle stereo or mono audio services and is all contained in a compact 19” flightcase weighing less than 10 Kilos.
The DAB flightcase has been designed to provide a fast route to getting your DAB service on air enabling your service to realise the benefits of getting on to digital radio sooner. This is an ideal solution for new entrants into the market.
Fast deployment, fixed price
With no need for extensive broadcast infrastructure, and fast hardware deployment from stock (in less than 7 days), the DAB flightcase provides a fast route to getting DAB services on air, realising the benefits of digital radio sooner.
The DAB flightcase provides a fixed priced solution, offering flexible deployment and relocation options.
Fully managed service
We provide you with a fully managed service, delivering a service availability of 99.5% and can also multicast your service with one ingest point, delivering to multiple sites across our network.
A small Soho based internet radio station wanted to launch onto the DAB platform. They had limited technical resource and facilities and needed a compact and cost effective solution. They approached us.
Their flightcase was dispatched from our central store; with minimal technical proficiency the customer was able to connect the case to an audio and power source. The circuit was installed within 4 weeks and the service was made live via our Broadcast Operations Centre.
• Minimum 1 year service contract, allowance made for two equipment relocations/ redeployments
• Max 128Kbt upload rate
• 1U rack mounted IPC MPEG encoder
• Network management via dedicated Service Management Centre – remote management capabilities
• Customer plugs unit into domestic 13 Amp 50Hz mains supply, and Arqiva supplied PADSL line
• Service ready to go live
• Baseband Analogue or AES Audio input
• Audio monitor connections
For more information about the DAB flightcase solution please contact us.