- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Site Share for Mobile Network Operators
With the average consumer now carrying more than three connected devices, pressure is growing on mobile networks to meet demand. In fact, wireless network operators of all kinds are feeling the strain, as organisations also increase their reliance on sophisticated communication technologies.
Erecting new towers to cater for the expanding armies of connected consumers and companies can be a costly and complex process, but there is another solution.
Our Site Share product represents a faster and more cost-effective solution than new tower builds. We enable Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) to enhance their networks more than ever before. It’s something we do for all four of the UK’s MNOs and hundreds of other customers around the country.
How Site Share works
Site Share allows operators to place radio base stations on our managed structures and sites in return for an annual licence fee. It is perfect for MNOs needing to extend coverage to fill gaps, increase density, to utilise new spectrum and prepare for new technologies such as 5G.
As the UK’s largest independent provider of wireless sites, we offer space on towers, masts, pylons and rooftops across the UK – all of which are either owned or managed by Arqiva. We currently have 8,000 active sites and a total exceeding 16,000 sites available for sharing.
Spanning the country, we offer a diversity of topography from inner-city and suburban to rural locations, including an unrivalled selection of high sites. Our existing portfolio of sites includes many locations where others struggle to acquire new sites or gain planning permission.
With well-established processes, we can provide power, pre-agreed landlord consents and planning approvals, so MNOs can focus on their core business: providing great networks for their customers.
The benefits of Site Share
With Site Share, operators are using infrastructure that’s already in place, minimising the need to develop their own towers and masts. This reduces both cost and deployment time significantly.
Management responsibilities are also removed from the equation, as we take care of everything, including design, construction and maintenance of the site.
Find new sites – quickly and easily
Our tried-and-tested SiteFinder tool makes it simple to find a location that is suitable for virtually every network coverage requirement.
Working with Arqiva
Above all, we take the pain away by providing a straightforward service that offers ready-to-use infrastructure, turnkey acquisition and build solutions, and tried-and-tested processes. Furthermore, our round-the-clock customer service support is there to give peace of mind from start to finish.
We already have wireless network customers of all kinds, from mobile and fixed network operators to emergency services and critical network organisations who depend on reliable wireless communications. Our experience allows us to deliver an exceptional service tailored to every need.
Thanks to our Site Share product, the MNOs are able to deliver the best network coverage.
- Sharing model increases speed of deployment and reduces costs compared with self-deployment
- Well-established processes and tools make it simple to find new sites and install equipment on our existing infrastructure
- We provide pre-agreed landlord consent, planning application, design, installation services, and handover
- High structures greater than 50m available
- Managed payment of local authority business rates
- Provision of electricity supply is available, with resilience options
- Online site access permit system provides a portal for requesting physical site access
- Scheduled, regular, visual inspections option with remedial action as appropriate
Find out more about the opportunities available by getting in touch with our experts today.