- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Arqiva Case Study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart Metering
IoT Utilities Solutions
Connecting devices for utilities and their customers – going beyond smart grids
The role of IoT in Utilities
Connecting devices is already central to the future of utilities, providing control and savings to utility businesses as well as consumers. This is driven by the planned nationwide rollout of smart meters and well as ever-increasing innovation in smart grids all of which depend on reliable, resilient connectivity. Arqiva will deliver the smart metering communications service for around 10 million homes, one of the largest internet of things programmes in the UK.
IoT connecting devices
Utilities can go even further by connecting low–power devices within the home, in power stations and across their supply chains. Arqiva’s Internet of Things network makes it easy to connect these low-power devices “out of the box” as soon as they are installed without the need for any local communications equipment. Utilities and their customers can start to realise the benefits quickly and easily. We’re using SIGFOX technology which has low modem costs and also leads to longer battery life, reducing the time and money spent maintaining and replacing connected devices once they have been installed.
Find out more about how energy and utility companies can benefit from the internet of things by contacting us at email@example.com