- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Radio’s presence on Freeview grows
New radio channels launch on the Freeview platform expanding the existing portfolio of stations available
- +44 (0) 207 632 3800
Ourselves and Freeview have announced two new radio stations on the Freeview platform, as well as the continuation of ten existing stations. Classic FM and LBC, both owned by Global, have joined the existing radio presence on the free-to-air TV platform.
Classic FM will be at channel number 731 and LBC at 732 on the Freeview TV guide.
In addition to the new stations, agreements with UTV for TalkSport and Bauer for Kiss, Kisstory, Kiss Fresh, Magic, Kerrang, The Hits Radio and Heat have also been concluded. Continuation of Smooth Radio (part of Global’s portfolio) and Premier Christian radio have also been agreed.
“Arqiva fully supports a digital radio future and the accessibility of these radio brands on the Freeview platform supports this ambition. We’re excited by the addition of Classic FM and LBC to continue providing diverse content to Freeview listeners, alongside the on-going content from the existing stations.”
“With over 25 radio stations on Freeview, the addition of Classic FM and LBC brings even more choice of entertaining conversation and music to for Freeview homes.”
Other radio stations available on Freeview (from channel number 700) include, among others Capital, Heart, Absolute and Insight Radio.