- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Providing exclusive satellite distribution in the Middle East
We will be supporting Qatar’s first satellite company Es’hailSat
- +44 (0) 207 632 3800
We're pleased to announce that we will be supporting Qatar’s first satellite company Es’hailSat to distribute Al Jazeera Media Network channels to the Middle East. We will be transmitting to two of the Es’hailSat transponders available to Al Jazeera Media Network.
Es’hailSat is the first satellite company wholly owned by the State of Qatar, providing independent, critical capacity for Qatar’s TV broadcasters. We will provide high powered and resilient teleport services from its UK sites to transmit content from Al Jazeera for satellite distribution across the Middle East.
The first Es’hailSat transponder for Al Jazeera was launched in December 2013, with the second in Q2 of 2014.
“this marks a significant step in our international expansion, providing a resilient and secure satellite service for Al Jazeera in the Middle East. It’s a strategically important market for Arqiva and we will be looking to deepen our presence there over the next 18 months. This cooperation with Es’hailSat reinforces our commitment to the region.”
“Our first broadcast of Al Jazeera’s premium channels across the Middle East and North Africa marked the entry into service of Es’hail 1 and a major milestone for Es’hailSat. Our cooperation with Arqiva, with 90 years of experience providing reliable connectivity, strengthens our ability to provide broadcasting independence, quality service and wide geographical coverage for video, enterprise and government communications.”