- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart Metering
Motors TV races on to Freeview platform
We are pleased to announce a new Connect TV customer, Motors TV, the pan-European motor sport television channel.
The deal will allow Motors TV to join the Freeview EPG, accessible to people with a compatible internet-connected Freeview HD product (box or TV).
Motors TV, the High Speed Television Channel, broadcasts the world’s most varied coverage of international motorsport, with exclusive events and close to 120 series transmitted in 42 countries to 25 million homes subscribing by cable, satellite and broadband across Europe. Motors TV is already available in the UK on Sky and Virgin platforms and has been broadcasting since 2002. From 27 February 2014 Motors TV will be available on Connect TV via channel 240 on Freeview.
Connect TV enables broadcasters to combine content delivered on the terrestrial broadcast network alongside IP delivered content and present it on a single channel number in the Freeview EPG.
“Motors TV is a brand that understands their audience and the various nuances between devices and platforms their audience engage on. Providing their content on the Freeview platform allows new viewers to discover their channel. Great content is as popular as ever and through Connect TV we’re working with broadcasters to ensure a seamless delivery of their channels.”
“We’re delighted to be joining the Freeview family through Arqiva’s Connect TV. Scores of motor sport fans will now have access to the widest and most diverse range of live, delayed and highlights programming that features both international and domestic championships. It was something that prospective viewers had been calling for and I’d like to think that we’ve responded to their wishes. The proliferation of internet-connected television made this a very attractive platform.
Viewers access the channel like any other, by selecting the channel from the Freeview guide or by selecting the channel number from the remote. The viewer is presented with a full screen picture with additional information such as programme name, start / end time and a synopsis – all displayed in a mini-overlay.
Upcoming Motors TV content includes:
- FIA World Rally Championship
- Live FIA World Endurance Championship
- Live V8 Supercars
- Live United SportsCar Championship
- Live FIA Formula 3 European Championship
- Live Blancpain Endurance Series
- Live NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Live FIM MXGP World Championship
- Live FIM Endurance World Championship
- FIM Trial World Championship
- FIM X-Trial World Championship
For more info on how to get Motors TV check out the Connect TV FAQ's
Kathryn Finch Head of Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0)7813 459951