- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart Metering
IMG partners with Arqiva in long-term live playout deal
Partnership to support live sporting coverage and occasional use (OU) capacity
05 April 2018, UK, London: Arqiva, the international satellite and media services provider, has today announced a long-term deal with global leader in sports, events, media and fashion, IMG, to deliver two live sports playout channels in Singapore.
The deal – which will see both playout channels go live on 30 April – will also see Arqiva provide IMG with additional occasional use (OU) support for global sporting events throughout 2018, including the A-League Football and National Rugby League (NRL) in Australia, and the US Major Soccer League (MLS).
Building on an existing 10-year relationship with IMG – established through its delivery of UK Premier League coverage to the Asia region – Arqiva aims to aid IMG’s ambitious growth goals, with scope to support future rights deals with additional playout and OU capabilities over the course of the contract.
Arqiva will deploy an integrated solution, combining live sports presentation and remote editing functionality. Playout will be managed remotely from Arqiva’s state-of-the-art Chalfont Grove site in the UK and provide access to systems via HTML5 web interfaces to IMG’s Singapore-based production team.
Key technical functionalities of the system include:
- Ingest of live and file-based material, and simultaneous creation of proxy media during ingest
- Remote browsing of all content held within Arqiva’s Chalfont-based systems
- Open-file working to allow editing to commence within a few seconds of recording
- Segmentation and edit tools to allow removal of ad breaks, profanity, etc.
- Rapid turnaround integration with dynamic updates and automation system
- Occasional use satellite capacity for live events coverage
“Having worked with Arqiva for a decade, we have seen first-hand its expertise delivering content across borders to our audiences in Singapore. We are confident that Arqiva’s strong and reliable track record, and its understanding of and support for our business growth goals in Asia, will form the foundation for a successful partnership delivering longer-term playout and OU capacity within this key market.”
“We are delighted to be extending our relationship with IMG and working with its team even more closely than before. With seven members of IMG staff now situated in our offices in Singapore, they join a host of Asian media giants – including 11 Sports, Discovery and Asian Tour Media – in our ranks.
“By facilitating day-to-day access to both the Arqiva support team and its broadcasting peers, we hope to foster a collaborative environment in which IMG can thrive and work with us to make this venture a success.”
“At Arqiva we pride ourselves on delivering both commercial and channel flexibility to all of our customers. It is for this reason that tier one global broadcasters and content owners, such as IMG, are leveraging our media hub to deliver services to their audiences around the world.
“The Asian market – in particular Singapore – is an increasingly important region for both IMG and Arqiva. We look forward to developing our relationship with IMG.”
Arqiva is a leading UK communications infrastructure and media services provider dedicated to connecting people wherever they are through the delivery of TV, radio, mobile and the Internet of Things (IoT). We are an independent provider of telecom towers, with circa 8,000 active sites across Great Britain, and are also the only supplier of national terrestrial television and radio broadcasting services in the UK. Our advanced networks support the exponential growth of connected devices and the ever-increasing demand for data from smartphones to tablets, connected TVs, smart meters, cars and medical devices.