- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart Metering
Building the infrastructure for local digital TV
Comux, the community-owned business appointed by Ofcom to build and operate the local TV broadcasting infrastructure, has today (29 July) selected us to provide its transmission services for local TV.
- +44 (0) 207 632 3800
Local TV locations are launching across the country with the first 19 being rolled out later this year and into 2014, broadcasting on Freeview channel 8 in England and Wales. This prominent channel position will help local television establish itself and access larger audiences and revenues than would otherwise be the case.
Under the new agreement we will provide main transmission services including network access and managed transmissions. The network access agreement will enable Comux to use our masts, power supplies and new antennas on transmission sites. We will also manage the transmission of Comux’s high power playout signal, providing local TV stations with the final link they need to broadcast their programming.
“Arqiva’s history in programme transmission services, and their ability to deliver local television within a very short timescale made them an obvious choice for Comux. Arqiva’s 24/7 support services will enable the local stations to maintain a good reliable service which is critical to ensuring quality and professionalism.”
“The launch of local TV services across the UK is an exciting part of the new broadcasting landscape and we are delighted to be part of it, working with the dynamic and creative team at Comux in support of the roll out.”