- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Arqiva comment on Autumn Statement
Arqiva comment on the announcement of 5G investment in the Autumn Statement 2016
On November 23, 2016, the Chancellor Philip Hammond delivered his first Autumn Statement.
Plans were announced for investment of £1bn for digital infrastructure to match the Chancellor’s “ambition for the UK to be a world leader in 5G.”
“Arqiva looks forward to working with the Government on a comprehensive plan for 5G in 2017, in partnership with the Future Communications Challenge Group, and the current work it is undertaking to develop this plan to put Britain at the forefront of the ‘internet of things’, enabling the development of innovations such as driverless cars and smart homes in which appliances, lighting and heating are controlled remotely using the internet.”
Arqiva is a leading UK communications infrastructure and media services provider dedicated to connecting people wherever they are through the delivery of TV, radio, mobile and the Internet of Things (IoT). We are an independent provider of telecom towers, with circa 8,000 active sites across Great Britain, and are also the only supplier of national terrestrial television and radio broadcasting services in the UK. Our advanced networks support the exponential growth of connected devices and the ever-increasing demand for data from smartphones to tablets, connected TVs, smart meters, cars and medical devices.
Customers include major UK and international broadcasters such as the BBC, ITV, Sky Plc., Turner Broadcasting, the independent radio groups, major telco providers – including the UK's four mobile network operators – and retail, leisure, energy and water companies.
For further information, please contact:
Charlie Harrison or Liz Morley
+44 (0)203 772 2595