- TVFind out more about...
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- The D3&4 Multiplex (COPY)
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators (COPY)
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content (COPY)
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study
- The D3&4 Multiplex
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity (COPY)
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart Metering
Arqiva brings Racing UK to YouView
Latest channel to be delivered via hybrid Connect TV platform
UK, London, 12 May 2017: Arqiva has today announced that it has brought the UK’s leading horse racing channel Racing UK to YouView via Connect TV, its hybrid TV solution which already provides Racing UK’s service on Freeview devices. Racing UK airs on channel 231 and is now available by subscription to all YouView, BT TV, TalkTalk TV and PlusNet customers via their set top box.
Offering unrivalled access to live horse racing, news, results and much more, Racing UK features coverage from 37 of the UK’s best racecourses this year. This season’s schedule is set to be bigger than ever with over 2,800 races, including the Investec Derby Festival and Royal Ascot, broadcast live and in high definition.
Arqiva’s relationship with Racing UK goes back a number of years, to when it was first brought in to launch the broadcaster’s highly successful Freeview Connect channel. For the most recent launch, Arqiva built a bespoke application that allows existing Racing UK subscribers to enter their log in details to access the IP channel and race data on Freeview devices.
“Our relationship with Racing UK continues to go from strength to strength and we were delighted they chose to work with us again to help evolve their offering and bring an even more interactive experience to their customers. We see it as real testament to the quality of product and level of service we offer.
"Arqiva is absolutely committed to bringing diverse content to audiences, something that is at the heart of the YouView offering – our Connect TV platform is a powerful example of how we are responding to a market looking for hybrid services and enabling broadcasters to offer more to customers than ever before.”
“Arqiva’s broadcast pedigree is something that really sets it apart. As we build our services, it is vital that we give subscribers the best possible experience, and with all Arqiva’s product offerings monitored and managed to a high level, we know we are in safe hands.”
Arqiva’s Connect TV service utilises IP-delivered, linear streams and User Interfaces to provide content directly to TVs or set top boxes. The service represents a chance to achieve a near ubiquitous service; IP-delivered content can be received on the vast majority of all internet connected Freeview and YouView devices.
- ENDS -
Arqiva is a leading UK communications infrastructure and media services provider dedicated to connecting people wherever they are through the delivery of TV, radio, mobile, WiFi and the Internet of Things (IoT). We are an independent provider of telecom towers, with over 8,000 sites across Great Britain, and are also the only supplier of national terrestrial television and radio broadcasting services in the UK. Our advanced networks support the exponential growth of connected devices and the ever-increasing demand for data from smartphones to tablets, connected TVs, smart meters, cars and medical devices.
Customers include major UK and international broadcasters such as the BBC, ITV, Sky Plc., Turner Broadcasting, the independent radio groups, major telco providers – including the UK's four mobile network operators – and retail, leisure, energy and water companies.
For more information, news and insights from Arqiva, please visit the website at: www.arqiva.com
About Racing UK:
Racing UK is Britain’s premier horseracing channel, broadcasting live races from 34 of the UK’s top racecourses. The channel is available through Sky (Channel 432), Virgin Media (536), UPC (411) and IPTV as well as online, mobile or in your business
Racing UK was successfully launched as a subscription channel in 2004 and its reputation as a destination for 'pure racing entertainment' has flourished ever since. Racing UK was formed by 30 top UK racecourses, who wanted more control over their media rights and distribution. The company itself is a revolutionary approach to sports media rights management, as it allows the racecourses to own, manage and develop their intellectual property across all platforms.
All profits are returned to these racecourses, improving prize monies and facilities for horseracing up and down the country. Find out more on our 100% profits message here.
With now 34 of the UK's best racecourses as shareholders, the channel is assured the finest Flat and Jumps racing that the sport can offer and boasts c.45,000 residential members.
Racecourse Media Group Ltd (RMG) is the umbrella organisation for the 34 Racecourses, which holds their interest in Racing UK, Turf TV and GBI Racing. For more information go to: www.racecoursemediagroup.com