- TVFind out more about...
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- The D3&4 Multiplex (COPY)
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators (COPY)
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content (COPY)
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study
- The D3&4 Multiplex
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity (COPY)
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart Metering
Arqiva and FOX UK launch first free-to-air entertainment channel, YourTV
Established partnership already includes managed services for DTT capacity, contribution, and playout
We are pleased to announce the launch of FOX International Channels UK’s first free-to-air entertainment channel, YourTV, which will provide viewers with varied content throughout the day, including the reality series Don’t Tell The Bride, explosive true-life crime series Snapped: Killer Couples, and hit international legal drama, Shark.
FOX UK’s first channel launch in 11 years, YourTV is primarily aimed at women and will launch to UK audiences on October 1 at 1pm, and will air for 20 hours each day across the UK, from 7am until 3am, on Freeview, YouView, Freesat and Sky. The channel will be broadcast in standard definition, providing national coverage across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, from the Arqiva national commerical multiplex.
Today’s announcement builds on a long-standing relationship between FOX UK and Arqiva, which began in 2010. Arqiva provides FOX UK with a managed service for Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) capacity, contribution (the physical link for the delivery of the playout signal to the freeview network), and playout.
“We are thrilled to be working alongside Arqiva to announce the launch of YourTV. The move not only marks our first free-to-air channel but an exciting next step in the evolution of our UK brand portfolio. Our previous experience of Arqiva’s reliability, credibility and expertise has inspired us with the confidence to approach this new TV landscape. With the ability to manage the whole launch process for us – meaning all we have to do is provide the content – Arqiva’s service was the ideal choice to help us establish YourTV as a fresh new destination for entertainment in the UK.”
“We’ve been working with FOX UK for many years to deliver a reliable managed service for playout and infrastructure services across a number of their pay channels. The launch of YourTV onto the UK’s free-to-air market is a key strategic move for FOX and we are delighted that it has recognised our ability to deliver the full end-to-end service required to make it a success. We are commited to taking the customer’s content and doing the rest for them, and the FOX UK and Arqiva relationship is testiment of this.”
To receive the new service, Freeview and Youview viewers will need to rescan their TVs and set top boxes to view YourTV on channel number 73.