- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Arqiva and Channel 4 launch new HD channels
Channel 4 +1 HD and 4seven HD available on Freeview
- +44 (0) 207 632 3800
On Tuesday 1 July we will launch two new HD channels, Channel 4 +1 HD and 4seven HD, on Freeview.
The channels are available to over 70% of the UK population from our newly launched Freeview HD multiplex.These new channels are additional HD Freeview services on the new ‘COM7’ multiplex and will join the HD channels we already offer including BBC News HD and Al Jazeera English HD.
“The continued roll-out of HD channels on to the Freeview platform provides audiences a richer and higher-quality viewing experience and will continue to provide a major incentive to the uptake of Freeview HD TVs. We’re excited that these Channel 4 channels are joining the HD community.”
“We are pleased to bolster the Freeview HD proposition with the launch of two new HD channels - Channel 4+1 HD and 4seven HD – which join Channel 4 HD on the platform.”
Freeview is the UK's leading TV platform with over one third of Freeview homes now able to watch many of their TV favourites in HD. Analysts predict that this will increase to over 80 per cent penetration by 2018.
Channel 4 +1 HD will be available on channel number 110 on Freeview and 4seven HD on 111.