- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Al Jazeera appoints Arqiva for global satellite distribution
We have been selected by Al Jazeera Media Network to provide its global teleport & satellite distribution services, with work having commenced in February of this year.
Over the course of a long-term agreement, we will distribute AJMN’s flagship news channels Al Jazeera Arabic and Al Jazeera English to popular global networks.
The new agreement will allow Al Jazeera to offer its international audience a better viewing experience as the bit rate and video quality will increase. Viewers will also be able to enjoy the improved network resilience thanks to the use of dual and triplicate redundancy on key components of the core fibre, satellite and teleport design.
“With Arqiva already providing the transmission for all of Al Jazeera’s output to the Middle East from its UK Teleports, it made sense to turn to them as we looked to take on a new global satellite distribution partner. This agreement is another step towards providing our audiences across the world with a higher quality viewing experience.”
“With millions of households tuning in worldwide, Al Jazeera is one of the biggest multinational, multimedia news networks in the industry – and one we’re thrilled to be working with. We look forward to continuing to be a trusted partner of AJMN, helping them to monetise their content in multiple ways across multiple territories.”