- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Walking With the Wounded departs from Trafalgar Square
Prince Harry to attend launch event for The South Pole Allied Challenge
- +44 (0) 207 632 3800
With only a week to go until the launch event of the Walking With the Wounded expedition to the South Pole, final preparations are being made. On Thursday 14 November the three teams will depart from a press event hosted at Trafalgar Square. The South Pole Challenge will see the three teams of wounded service personnel from the UK, US and the Commonwealth Nations, race to the South Pole.
One team member in particular will be collecting his final provisions – Prince Harry. As well as the expedition patron, he is also part of Team Glenfiddich and will deliver a short speech and collect the South Pole Flag. He will also unveil the trophy that his team and the two others will race across the Antartic for. He will be joined by The Wire’s Dominic West in the Commonwealth Team and True Blood’s Alexander Skarsgard for Team US.
Arqiva is the communications partner for the Walking With the Wounded expedition, providing tangible support communications, tracking and safety solutions. Arqiva is providing satellite voice and data services enabling participants, support vehicles and search and rescue teams to maintain regular contact throughout the journey.
You can watch the live show from 11.30am to 12.45pm here - Live WWTW launch event from Trafalgar Square
And you can follow the teams via Twitter @supportthewalk