- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Freeview Play sales surpass one million
Freeview Play TVs now account for one in three of smart HD TVs sold.
Freeview has today announced that sales of Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes have surpassed one million*. Launched in late 2015, Freeview Play brings UK consumers a seamless combination of live, catch-up and on demand content all in one place for no monthly cost.
Freeview Play TVs now account for one in three (34%) of smart HD TVs sold in the UK. Freeview Play is already supported by over 20 leading brands** making it the most widely adopted service by manufacturers for catch-up TV in the UK, with further major announcements and product developments scheduled for this year.
Freeview Play was developed to answer consumer demand for an integrated TV package offering a seamless integration of live, catch-up and on-demand content without a subscription.
“I’m delighted that we have reached this major sales milestone so early in Freeview Play’s lifespan. This achievement is a testament to all our many partners whom I’d like to thank for their outstanding support. With new content, manufacturer and product enhancement announcements on the horizon, Freeview Play is on track to becoming the new normal way viewers access TV.”
The 2017 Freeview Play specification includes optional support for Ultra HD (4K) and HDR content for programmes delivered via broadband.
Technical development of Freeview Play, including product specification, is being led by Digital UK.
* Source: GfK Point of Sales Tracking, Panelmarket, Volume Sales since Launch.
**Freeview Play is supported by Blaupunkt, Bush, Digihome, Finlux, Goodmans, Hisense, Hitachi, Humax, JVC, Laurus, LG, Linsar, Luxor, Manhattan, Mitchel & Brown, Panasonic, Polaroid, Sharp, techwood, Telefunken and Toshiba.