- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Sound Digital wins the Radio Academy Award at the ARIAS
Arqiva joint venture with Bauer Media and Wireless Group delivers digital radio services on the second national commercial multiplex (D2)
At the first ever Audio and Radio Industry Awards, held in Leeds on Wednesday, 19 October, 2016, Sound Digital scooped the Radio Academy Award for the biggest contribution to the industry over the past year. Launched in March 2016, the Sound Digital multiplex broadcasts 19 different commercial radio stations across the nation, vastly increasing the choice available to the British public and enhancing the overall digital radio proposition.
Voted for by members of the Radio Academy, the award is a great endorsement of the work undertaken by teams at Arqiva, Bauer Media and Wireless Group to bring the Sound Digital (D2) multiplex to air.
“Radio is a vibrant industry and our joint venture partners, Wireless Group and Bauer Media, are commercial competitors. But the success of the Sound Digital multiplex shows what can be done with a culture of collaboration. We came together to broaden choice in the national digital radio space and with 19 commercial radio stations now running on a platform that is at full capacity, we think we’ve achieved that.
“Putting together the bid, rolling out the network and launching the new Sound Digital stations involved many late nights across Bauer Media, Wireless Group and Arqiva but with this award in hand, it makes it all worth it.”