- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
New Managing Director for Satellite appointed
We have today announced the appointment of our new Managing Director of Satellite, David Crawford.
David will be responsible for the day-to-day management and strategic direction of Arqiva’s fast-growing Satellite business, which includes sales and operations for a range of international broadcasters and the Occasional Use content distribution from major international sports, entertainment and news events.
Recent news from our Satellite team includes a global satellite distribution and play-out partnership with Turner Broadcasting across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
“The Satellite operation at Arqiva is in an exciting place with our recent expansion into Singapore and Hong Kong, together with taking on Turner’s play-out. We’ve been looking for the right person who can continue to steer the growth of the Satellite business and David brings with him years of senior strategic experience across key global markets to achieve this.”
David joins Arqiva with international leadership experience from a number of businesses including Capita, Cable & Wireless, Energis and Jardine Matheson. Part of his early career was also spent in consulting with Bain & Co.
“It’s an exciting time for me to join Arqiva. I look forward to working with the team and with our customers to continue the growth of the Satellite Division, cement our position in new markets and to forge new strategic partnerships to meet the ever changing needs of the market”
David takes the reins from Barrie Woolston who has been the interim managing director for the past six months and will remain Commercial Director for Satellite.
David will joins us on Monday 3 March 2014.
Kathryn Finch Head of Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0)7813 459951