- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Millions more to gain access to free TV on the go, as Freeview mobile app launches on Android
Viewing data from the Freeview iOS app, which launched earlier in the year, show sport, news and Love Island as the most popular on-the-go shows.
Freeview’s mobile app is now available to download from the Google Play Store, giving Android users the freedom to watch their favourite TV on-the-go. In just three taps, you can stream live shows from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 as well as on demand content from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, and UKTV Play whenever and wherever you want. As with all Freeview products the app is free to use, with no download fee and no subscription.*
Data from the popular iOS version, launched earlier this year, has revealed some interesting habits, with viewers tuning in to BBC Breakfast and ITV’s Good Morning Britain on their way in to work. Sporting shows have also proved popular, with Wimbledon being the most streamed show in July and the FIFA Women’s World Cup a close second in June. Unsurprisingly, ITV’s Love Island has also proved popular with the nation this summer.
“It has never been easier to become a Freeview viewer. To start watching content, all you need is a smartphone, an internet connection and away you go, all the content you love, wherever and whenever you want it.”
Full features include:
- What’s On – scroll through our visual guide showing you what’s on now and what’s coming up later.
- On Demand Recommendations – browse our handpicked content recommendations and find binge-worthy shows. Choose from a carousel of 10 genres, such as Comedy, Drama, Kids, as well as a topical category such as Glastonbury or Wimbledon.
- Search – the super-fast universal search function means you can easily find your favourite shows whether they’re live or on demand from all the supported players.
- Guide – plan both your live and on demand viewing with the app’s 15 day TV guide. Scroll through the schedule from the previous week as well as the week ahead to find something to watch. You can read more about each programme, and set reminders too.
- Favourites – filter the TV guide according to the channels you watch the most.
*WiFi or Data connection required. Available on devices with Android 4.4 KitKat and above.