- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Freeview Play users to get even more from their TV with launch of Freeview Explore
Freeview has today (21 June) announced the launch of Freeview Explore – a new feature to ensure that Freeview Play users get the most out of their TVs.
Freeview Explore will demo core functionality, deliver the latest news on the Freeview channel line-up and provide a showcase of the day’s best on-demand programmes from the UK’s leading broadcasters.
Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes this month and paves the way for Freeview to build a deeper relationship with viewers. From today, users can search for programmes by genre or programme name. The service features a scrolling carousel of 10 genres* with recommendations from Freeview Play’s supported broadcasters displaying in a new image-rich menu.
The specially curated content allows viewers to browse recommendations from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play with more content being added as additional broadcasters join Freeview Play. Viewers can access the new feature via the apps page.
In the coming months the Help and Alerts area will deliver instructional videos as well as news and information on platform updates. The new feature is the latest development for Freeview Play which launched in 2015 and has now become the most widely adopted catch-up service on televisions in the UK. Latest estimates suggest around 1.5m Freeview Play devices have been sold.
“With more content than ever available, Freeview Explore creates an easy way for viewers to find the shows they love or discover new ones for the first time. With more product enhancements and new features in the pipeline, we’ll be providing a better service to our viewers, and our channel and TV manufacturing partners too. It’s an exciting time for Freeview Play.”
Technical development of Freeview Play, including product specification, is being led by Digital UK.
“The launch of Freeview Explore provides another example of how the Freeview platform continues to innovate and add new features which enhance the user experience and which enable viewers to find and watch the content they want, when they want it. This also provides a capability to showcase new services when they are added to the platform.”
* All, Comedy, Drama & Soaps, Entertainment, Factual, Kids, Lifestyle, Movies, Sport, and a dynamic seasonal category such as ‘Christmas’ or ‘Halloween’ etc.