- TVFind out more about...
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- The D3&4 Multiplex (COPY)
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators (COPY)
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content (COPY)
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world (COPY)
- Out of Africa for Évasion TV Content
- Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster
- Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world
- Channel 4 – Innovating the innovators
- UKTV at Home on Freeview - Arqiva Case Study
- The D3&4 Multiplex
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study (COPY)
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity (COPY)
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study (COPY)
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart Metering
Arqiva wins National Apprenticeship Service Regional Award for Large Employers
We're proud to announce winning the prestigious National Apprenticeship Service Regional Award for Large Employers, South East.
In its 12th year, The National Apprenticeship Service Awards – which are run by the National Apprenticeship Service – recognise businesses that grow their own talent with apprenticeships, and who excel at enabling their apprentices to make a significant contribution to their workplace.
We will now be considered for the national award, for large employers. This acknowledgement shortly follows Arqiva’s recent naming as a Sunday Telegraph Top 50 Apprentice Employer.
“Arqiva is delighted to have won the large employers category, for the South East, at the regional National Apprenticeship Service Awards. We invest heavily in our apprenticeship programme – not just to help fill our skills gap, but so we can help to develop young people professionally, who in turn help to raise our game by challenging us to think in emerging and innovative ways.”
So why did the National Apprenticeship Service believe Arqiva deserved this recognition?
Arqiva introduced its apprenticeship programme in 2008 to rebalance its age profile in its engineering team, and to address the future skills shortage forecast within the industry. Apprentices at Arqiva now provide a pipeline of talent with 85% moving into engineering and operational roles to maintain the services we provide to our customers.
Importantly, Arqiva encourages its apprentices to be ambassadors for the company and to participate in professional development. For example, some of our apprentices are registered as STEM Ambassadors to support the promotion of STEM subjects in local schools. They also take part in an Outdoor Development programme to underpin the personal, learning and thinking skills element of their apprenticeship programme. Plus, apprentices are encouraged to share their experiences through a blog; two of our apprentices have even contributed to publications.
Arqiva also believes in sharing its experiences and participates in the Partnership Development Solutions (PDS) exchange, run by our training provider. It’s a quarterly networking event where we share knowledge and best practice with other organisations, again with the intent of driving continuous improvement. We also support our customer, the BBC, in the delivery of their apprenticeships, providing 12 week placements for their apprentices to gain wider industry awareness.
Importantly, the apprenticeship programme is built on meeting and exceeding national standards. Our scheme is approved by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) with apprentices being registered on the IET Signature programme shortly after starting their employment. Plus, in March 2015, we successfully achieved a Silver Award in the Apprenticeships 4 England Awards, recognising our commitment to developing our workforce through apprenticeships.