- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Arqiva helps extend Glastonbury and Wimbledon coverage
We are pleased to announce that we will be supporting the BBC in extending coverage of Glastonbury Festival and Wimbledon this summer.
The agreement will see Arqiva carrying up to five additional DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) services through its COM8 multiplex contributing to the BBC’s commitment to bring more hours of coverage and choice to their audiences.
The services, which will be standard definition, will be accessible via the Red Button and available on Freeview HD, Freeview Play and YouView receivers.* Carried on COM8, one of Arqiva’s two DVB-T2 multiplexes, they will broadcast nationally in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland with 76 per cent population coverage.
“We’re delighted to help support the BBC deliver even more coverage of these major event to audiences. Having already supported the broadcast of many major events across the globe, including last year's Rio Olympics, our experience is reflected in the quality of service we provide."
The additional DTT services will launch on 21 June 2017 for Glastonbury and be available until the end of Wimbledon on 16 July 2017.
*Viewers may need to retune their receivers to receive the services.