- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
Tier 3 Protection for a Tier One Broadcaster
Zero downtime is a critical consideration in any broadcast strategy, that’s why we were trusted to create a purpose-built, comprehensive disaster recovery facility for a major PSB.
Zero downtime is a critical consideration in any broadcast strategy. Should disaster strike and systems go down, leaving audiences in the dark is simply not an option. Reputation is everything in today’s competitive market, and an interruption-free service is a crucial element to maintaining brand value, and making sure audiences stay switched on. This major Public Service Broadcaster (PSB) needed a partner it could rely on to provide reliable infrastructure to keep its channels on-air in any event. It signed a 14-year business continuity agreement with Arqiva to make sure.
Arqiva’s Chalfont Grove datacentre is a Tier 3 three certified facility, and now the reliable second home of the PSBs critical technology. On standby 24x7x365, should the Broadcast and IT systems encounter problems, normal service can be resumed from the DR site. As you’d expect, this purpose-built facility offers maintained and protected power supplies, cold-aisle cooling systems and all the physical and virtual security required to protect the broadcaster’s business.
But Arqiva has gone a step further. Alongside the 120-rack datacentre, an autonomous control room has been built. Featuring an ingest and tape library, together with transmission, media management and announcers’ desks, these facilities enable the PSB to remotely control and broadcast on its Freeview, Sky, Freesat and Cable channels. It also ensures service continuity for non-linear platforms such as VOD, Mobile and Youview.
The service excellence that Arqiva provides is the foundation of the good working relationship with the PSB. Arqiva’s expertise extends beyond the conventional disaster recovery remit to support the PSBs’ IT and business systems, as well as some notable core network functions.
- Purpose-built, comprehensive broadcast disaster recovery facility
- Dedicated control room environment, able to broadcast without interruption
- Service continuity for broadcast and non-linear platforms
- 24x7x365 system management and monitoring
- Onsite physical security and staff welfare facilities
- Dedicated Low latency, high bandwidth (10Ge) connectivity
“Throughout our on-going relationship, Arqiva have continually delivered the level of service that we expect. The combination of site facilities, reliability of their data centre and the great working relationship, provide the essential confidence that we require from our disaster recovery provider.”
Get in touch with our sales team
Introduction, Wave One, Two and Three now available to download
Find out all you need to know about developing a D2C marketing strategy that will drive viewers to your content
Find out how we’re setting the standards that others follow