- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Case Study
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart MeteringFind out more about...
QVC Deploy Hybrid IP Portal
QVC needed a solution whereby they could introduce new channels to their existing Freeview service. Arqiva’s hybrid IP portal was the answer.
As an existing Digital Terrestrial (DTT) customer, QVC Beauty was broadcast on Freeview channel 35 for a limited number of hours per day. QVC were looking at ways that they could introduce two new channels (QVC Style and QVC Extra) to the Freeview audience and approached us for a solution.
What we did
Using Arqiva’s hybrid solution we built a portal, with content delivered via IP and triggered via the red button on their existing channel on the Freeview EPG. The solution was designed using the standard MHEG-ICS capability built into Freeview HD TVs and set-top boxes.
The new channels were able to sit alongside QVC Beauty within the portal, providing a cost effective solution whilst making access more convenient and discoverable for the viewer. An added benefit is that the previously part-time QVC Beauty channel was extended to a 24hr service by switching to delivery over IP when the DTT stream is no longer broadcasting.
What they said
Brian Farrelly, Director of Media Operations, QVC
“We have been working with Arqiva for over 20 years across various platforms. Their innovative approach to building our portal solution, combined with the support and advice they provided at each stage, make them an ideal partner to work with”
Get in touch with our sales team
Introduction, Wave One, Two and Three now available to download
Find out all you need to know about developing a D2C marketing strategy that will drive viewers to your content
Find out how we’re setting the standards that others follow