- TVFind out more about...
- RadioFind out more about...
- Mobile and TelecomsFind out more about...
- Managing and maximising the BT Reach rooftop portfolio – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva brings 4G DAS to Canary Wharf - Arqiva Case Study
- Providing first-class portfolio management for ScottishPower – An Arqiva case study
- Arqiva helps Horsebridge to deliver ferry fleet connectivity
- Bringing connectivity to the skies, through the innovative EAN – Arqiva Case Study
- Smart Metering
Live Event Streaming for Dell Technologies Celebration Day - Arqiva Case Study
Through expert planning, we could meet the needs of Dell, providing a two-day global live stream for Dell Technologies Celebration Day.
Three satellites, four continents, five on-location news gathering units and all the associated trunks, fibre and teleport resources. Delivering an integrated live streaming service for a two-day global corporate event can be a complex task – particularly when it reaches a global audience across six times zones. For Dell Technologies failure was not an option. The event had already been postponed once due to scheduling conflicts. So there wasn’t much time. Less than two weeks, in fact. But that didn’t mean shortcuts could be taken, or quality impacted. Reputations were at stake, budgets had been locked, and boardroom expectations were high. Dell Technologies needed a partner it could trust to deliver on this live global event.
Understanding the event streaming requirements
Planning began in earnest. Arqiva’s transmission experts determined the bandwidth requirements, technical parameters, routing, audio configuration and latency demands. Detailed site surveys at each Dell Technologies location identified and mitigated potential risks. Information flowed rapidly between Dell stakeholders and Arqiva’s planning and engineering teams. At the same time, plans to deliver lead and secondary support throughout the two-day event were modelled, refined and put in place. On the 14th of September 2016, the event went live to Dell Technologies personnel across the world. Without a hitch.
“Arqiva’s flexibility and agility, along with terrific technical support and coordination, brought the internal broadcast of Dell Technologies Celebration Day to life for thousands of team members around the globe.”
- Seamless two-way, live connectivity via three satellites, Arqiva’s fibre network, teleports in the US, UK, and Hong Kong, and multiple onsite satellite news gathering (SNG) units
- Multiview confidence feeds via Arqiva’s IP Contribution solution
- Primary and secondary technical support throughout the two-day event, delivering end-to-end transmission monitoring and helpdesk support
- Project delivery on time and within budget
Live global event delivery
Arqiva link people, venues and companies through video as shown in the case study above. If you are looking for a partner you can trust to deliver your live event, contact Arqiva on by filling out the form below, calling us on +44 (0) 1962 823000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about our integrated live streaming services
Get in touch with our sales team
Introduction, Wave One, Two and Three now available to download
Find out all you need to know about developing a D2C marketing strategy that will drive viewers to your content
Find out how we’re setting the standards that others follow